eagle.ca is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is willing to provide exceptional customer care to our Internet clientele. For more than 26 years, our team has been recognized for providing outstanding service and value to our clients and community. We provide residential and business clients with Internet access, email, web hosting, domain registration and more. VoIP and IPTV services are also provided through third-parties.
We are looking for a person who enjoys engaging people, solving problems and doing what’s right for the customer.
- Main Functions:
- Handle inbound technical support inquiries, triage problems and provide solutions to clients
- Manage eagle.ca’s internal network and servers
- daily/weekly review of system logs
- monitor and maintain network servers and perform upgrades (eagle.ca uses primarily FreeBSD/Apache and Proxmox)
- perform system administration tasks and ensure network security
- document system maintenance procedures/upgrades
- manage IP addresses and resolve conflicts
- manage DNS for hosted domains
- Provide technical support to business and corporate customers relative to connectivity and hosting issues
- provide technical support and troubleshooting to web hosting clients and their developers
- Liaise with third-party suppliers to maintain contracted services
- Liaise with independent IT contractors who provide services to our mutual clients
- Accurately record client interactions for future reference
- Promote eagle.ca’s Internet services and products and accept payments for same
- What you bring to the table:
- Three to five years of network management and technical support experience
- Experience with FreeBSD or at very least Unix based OSes (installing/configuring/maintaining)
- Experience with Apache, PHP and MySQL
- Experience with IIS on Windows Server
- Experience/Understanding of IMAP/POP3/SMTP
- Experience with qmail/VPopMail/Dovecot an asset
- Understanding of Cisco configuration for Switchports, routing (BGP), VLANS/Subinterfaces , ACLs, and network troubleshooting tools
- Building/upgrading/maintaining server hardware
- Basic understanding of DSL and Cable Internet
- Able to lift servers/equipment into and out of racks etc.
- Ability to set your own goals and targets in consultation with the business principals
- Patience, empathy in dealing with clients
- Outgoing, friendly, enthusiastic and sociable
- Focused on and committed to doing what’s right for the customer, not just selling products/services
- Self-starter who is driven to succeed and exceed goals
- Passionate for learning, sharing, and continuously developing
- Goal-oriented and focused on providing solutions
While professional designations are desirable, we’re more interested in what you have accomplished and hope to accomplish in your career.
eagle.ca has a group benefit package that includes Dental Care, Extended Health Care (drugs, vision, hospital care, etc.), Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Long-term Disability & Critical Illness insurance, Short-term Disability.
Please note that eagle.ca is a non-smoking workplace. We are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and we conduct rapid antigen tests for the virus twice per week. This will be a requirement for employment.
Interested? eMail your resumé and any other information you feel is pertinent to email@example.com.
(Due to pandemic access restrictions at our office, drop-ins are not accepted at this time.)